Here are a few that I've been enjoying the past few weeks.
- The Girl and Little whispering secrets to each other and giggling.
- My dear friend and neighbor brought over an envelope a week after I found out I was pregnant. In it were several prettily made home made coupons for things like, "One load of laundry," or "One really long nap," or, "One take out dinner," to redeem whenever I needed a break. It was so thoughtful I cried on the spot. I haven't needed any yet, but just knowing that kind of care and help is nearby is a gift.
- The GH holding the Girl when she's sick and getting her to smile.
- The Boy still needs his mama. He seems so grown up sometimes. It's a relief to realize again that he's still very much a little boy, and he still needs mothering.
- Little bursting in the front door after a visit at Beema's house and telling me all about it in short emphatic phrases. "Me back Mama. Me back, Beema's house! Me pway. Mama, chicken. outside. me dancing. YEAH!" etc.
- The Boy offering to make me breakfast in the morning.
- Birdsong in spring.
- The GH being careful to keep in stock the foods that help me feel better when sick.
- The bounty of needing to figure out what to do with leftovers.
- I don't feel nearly as bad as I expected I would right now. There's been hardly any nausea at all, by comparison to my other pregnancies. I keep wondering if I'm really pregnant after all I feel so, normal.
- A day sans l'enfants courtesy of my MIL and her desire to take all her grandchildren to Sea World together. It's very quiet here right now.
- I'm finally at a place in my life that I no longer struggle with guilt when I say, "No, I just can't do that right now. I need to rest." I'm finally at peace with taking care of myself too.
The gratitude community is here.